Our Next Working Day Delivery Policy
We aim to offer a “Next Working Day” delivery service on many of our items. This means items ordered before 2PM on one working day are delivered on the next working day (Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays).
To offer our “Next Working Day” delivery service we rely on courier companies who offer a good service, with a minimum of 96% of orders delivered on a next working day basis.
Unforeseen issues do arise for courier companies, meaning that items may be delivered later than the next working day. Therefore we cannot guarantee next working day delivery, but we aim to meet it as close to 100% of the time as possible.
We aim to deliver to remote postcodes as soon as possible but it can be more difficult to achieve “Next Working Day” delivery of large items to remote places.
Certain items, including ladders, greenhouses, trampolines and ride-on mowers, are excluded from the next working day delivery service. Where we do not provide a next working day delivery service on a specific item, this should be clearly stated in the item’s product description.
Some examples to illustrate the above:
- Goods ordered before 2PM on a Tuesday are likely to be delivered on the Wednesday
- Goods ordered after 2PM on a Tuesday are likely to be delivered on the Thursday
- Goods ordered between 2PM Thursday and 2PM Friday are likely to be delivered on the Monday
- Goods ordered after 2PM on a Friday are likely to be delivered on the Tuesday
- You will be contacted to arrange delivery of complex items like a ride-on mower, trampoline or a greenhouse.
When is Free Delivery Available?
Free delivery is available to mainland England, Wales and non-remote Scotland postcodes when the value of all items being purchased in a single transaction is greater than £50 including VAT. Outside of those areas, delivery may be available at an extra charge – please see section “Where Do We Deliver To?” below for more details.
Where Do We Deliver To?
Where next working day delivery is available, we are able to deliver as follows:
- England (Mainland): next working day delivery is available to all mainland English postcodes.
- England, Isle of Wight: we can deliver to the Isle of Wight. This will incur an additional charge which will be included in your shopping basket.
- Wales: next working day delivery is available to all mainland Welsh postcodes.
- Scotland (Mainland): next working day delivery is available to most mainland Scottish postcodes.
- Scotland (remote mainland locations): we can deliver to most remote mainland locations, such as the Scottish Highlands. This will incur an additional charge which will be included in your shopping basket.
- Northern Ireland: sorry, but we cannot currently deliver to Northern Ireland.
- Offshore and extremely remote locations: we may be able to deliver to offshore UK islands by special arrangement so please ring us to discuss.
- All of our ride-on mowers are supplied with free pre-delivery inspection and assembly.
- Some ride-on mowers are also supplied with a “White Glove” delivery service, depending on manufacturer and supplier. This means that an engineer will deliver your mower and provide you with a familiarisation session as part of the delivery service. Please note that we are only able to sell mowers with a "White Glove" service to customers living in mainland Wales or Southern England (the Midlands, East Midlands, East Anglia, London, South East England or South West England). Please consult individual product pages for further clarification.
- Other ride-on mowers will be delivered by a courier, wrapped on a pallet, for you to unwrap. Ride-on mowers which are delivered on a pallet can be delivered to most mainland UK postcodes. Plesae call us for a quote if you live in a remote area such as the Scottish Highlands.
When Do We Deliver?
Delivery days are Monday to Friday.
Deliveries are not made on weekends, Bank Holidays or between Christmas and New Year.
Our suppliers use a variety of different couriers. We will send you tracking information by email if it is available. Please note that we are not always able to provide you with a specific delivery time.
What You Need To Do When A Delivery Is Made
When a courier delivers they will generally require a signature to indicate that the goods have been received in good condition. It is important that you check the goods fully. If there is any indication of damage or the courier will not wait for the goods to be checked, either refuse delivery or make sure that you mark the courier’s paperwork as “Goods Damaged” or "Goods Unchecked" before you sign for the receipt of the goods.
Damaged goods happen very rarely but if you do think there is an issue do not attempt to use any goods. Take pictures of the damage and contact us immediately and within fourteen days of delivery. For more information about returns please see our Terms & Conditions.