You are here
Introducing The Briggs and Stratton 675EXi Engine
Briggs & Stratton is the world's largest producer of air-cooled petrol engines for outdoor power equipment. Headquartered in Milwaukee, USA. The Company designs, manufactures, markets, and services their petrol engines worldwide. Their founding principles are power, reliability and durability. Many of the petrol lawnmowers we sell here at Gardenlines are driven by a Briggs and Stratton engine.
The 675EXi is an E SERIES™ engine. This means it has reduced exhaust emissions and surpasses the European Exhaust Emissions standards by at least 25%. The E SERIES Initiative also ensures easier starting, improved performance and an enhanced customer experience.
The 675EXi also has ReadyStart® technology. The ReadyStart® starting system automatically senses the engine's temperature and supplies the right air/fuel mixture to ensure easy starts every time. On a recoil start mower this means that there is no need to prime or choke. Just one pull of the starter cord and off you go!
The 675EXi is very easy to maintain. There is no need to change the oil - just check the level and top it up if necessary.
With 9.8Nm of torque, the Briggs and Stratton 675EXi is suitable for more demanding jobs such as cutting longer grass.
- ReadyStart® - starts fast with no need to prime or choke
- Guaranteed to start in two pulls
- Exceptional value for money
- Made in USA
- The engine can deliver 9.8Nm of torque
- Suitable for lawns up to 1000m2
- No need to change the oil - just top it up as necessary
- The float feed carburettor provides steady fuel delivery
- Quiet engine with a Super Lo-Tone™ muffler
- Mechanical governing automatically adjusts to the demands of your lawn changing the engine torque as necessary
- Lightweight - 30% lighter than other similar engines
- Reduced exhaust emissions
- Backed by a comprehensive dealer network
How do I start my Briggs and Stratton 675EXi engine for the first time?
- Add SAE 30 oil
- Check the level with the dip stick. It must be between the maximum and the minimum mark. Do not over fill
- Add fresh unleaded fuel
- Connect the spark plug
- Lift the bail handle and hold it against the main handle
- Pull the cord
How do I maintain and care for my Briggs and Stratton 675EXi engine?
Briggs and Stratton recommend that you service your engine annually to extend engine life, improve performance, reduce emissions and improve reliability.
Before you start make sure the fuel level is low and the spark plug is disconnected.
Top up the engine oil
- Remove the oil cap / dipstick
- Check the oil level with the dipstick
- Add new oil if necessary making sure that the level of the oil is between the minimum and maximum mark on the dipstick. Do not over fill it
Change the air filter
- Remove the air filter cover
- Remove the old air filter
- Replace with a new air filter
Change the spark plug
- Read the manual to find the correct spark plug part for your engine
- Remove the old spark plug by unscrewing it with a spark plug spanner
- Insert the new spark plug by screwing it in with a spark plug spanner. Do not over tighten
Add fuel stabiliser
- Add Fuel Fit stabiliser to fresh unleaded fuel. Refer to the Fuel Fit instructions for the correct mix ratio
- Shake gently to mix
- Fill the fuel tank
Reconnect the spark plug and you are ready to go!
To see our whole range of lawnmowers that are driven by Briggs and Stratton engines then please click here.
Would you like to receive regular news, tips, ideas and promotional codes from Gardenlines?