You are here
Introducing The Briggs and Stratton 500E Engine
Briggs & Stratton is the world's largest producer of air-cooled petrol engines for outdoor power equipment. Headquartered in Milwaukee, USA. The Company designs, manufactures, markets, and services their petrol engines worldwide. Their founding principles are power, reliability and durability. Many of the petrol lawnmowers we sell here at Gardenlines are driven by a Briggs and Stratton engine.
The 500E is an E SERIES™ engine. This means it has reduced exhaust emissions and surpasses the European Exhaust Emissions standards by at least 25%. The E SERIES Initiative also ensures easier starting, improved performance and an enhanced customer experience.
- Exceptional value for money
- Made in USA
- Fast easy starting with one pull - just prime and pull
- The engine can deliver 6.8 Nm of torque
- Suitable for lawns up to 600m2
- Easy tool-less air cleaner and oil change
- The float feed carburettor provides steady fuel delivery
- Mechanical governing automatically adjusts to the demands of your lawn changing the engine torque as necessary
- Lightweight - 30% lighter than other similar engines
- Reduced exhaust emissions
- Backed by a comprehensive dealer network
How do I start my Briggs and Stratton 500E engine for the first time?
- Add SAE 30 oil
- Check the level with the dip stick. It must be between the maximum and the minimum mark. Do not over fill
- Add fresh unleaded fuel
- Connect the spark plug
- Press the red primer bulb three times
- Lift the bail handle and hold it against the main handle
- Pull the cord quickly, smoothly and firmly
How do I maintain and care for my Briggs and Stratton 500E engine?
Briggs and Stratton recommend that you service your engine annually to extend engine life, improve performance, reduce emissions, improve reliability and make starting easier.
Before you start make sure the fuel level is low and the spark plug is disconnected.
Change the engine oil
- Remove the oil cap / dipstick
- Use an oil pump to remove the old oil or tilt the machine and let the oil drain into a suitable container. Don’t forget to recycle the old oil
- Add new oil making sure that the level of the oil is between the minimum and maximum mark on the dipstick. Do not over fill it
Change the air filter
- Remove the air filter cover
- Remove the old air filter
- Replace with a new air filter
Change the spark plug
- Read the manual to find the correct spark plug part for your engine
- Remove the old spark plug by unscrewing it with a spark plug spanner
- Insert the new spark plug by screwing it in with a spark plug spanner. Do not over tighten
Add fuel stabiliser
- Add Fuel Fit stabiliser to fresh unleaded fuel. Refer to the Fuel Fit instructions for the correct mix ratio
- Shake gently to mix
- Fill the fuel tank
Reconnect the spark plug and you are ready to go!
To see our whole range of lawnmowers that are driven by Briggs and Stratton engines then please click here.
Would you like to receive regular news, tips, ideas and promotional codes from Gardenlines?