Year-on-year we’ll see certain chainsaws leave the shelves like hot cakes. Our best chainsaws have a few things in common. They are reliable, they perform as promised and they’re easy to use – you the customer tells us so. Our best chainsaws suit everyone from the homeowner to the professional. If you’re struggling to find the best chainsaw to meet your needs then look no further. We’ve picked out our best chainsaws and highlighted their strengths for you. We’ve even got Which Magazine rated chainsaws. View our full range of chainsaws.
Choosing the Best Electric Chainsaw
If you’re considering buying an electric chainsaw, remember: • They’re more suited to lighter use • They use a cable so you’ll need to be close to a power source • They’re quieter, lighter and more environmentally friendly than petrol chainsaws
• Great price for a lot of power • Lightweight • Uses a top quality Oregon chain bar • Features a chain brake for added safety • Easy to assemble
• Which Magazine Best Buy • 1900 watt high power motor • Uses Bosch SDS system for quick and easy tool-free chain tensioning • Chain runs at 12m per second – which means fast, precise and clean cuts • Easy to assemble • Quiet in operation
• Powerful 2000 watt motor • Uses tool-free tensioning • Chain runs at 13m per second – which means fast, precise and clean cuts • Uses GripZone technology which means improved and comfortable grip when in prolonged use
• Which Magazine Best Buy • Uses automatic chain lubrication and a fast acting brake • Designed with user comfort in mind with its ergonomic handle • Uses and 1800 watt, high torque motor • One of the lightest chainsaws around
View our full range of electric chainsaws.
Choosing the Best Petrol Chainsaw
• These are better suited to tougher jobs • They do not use a cable so you’re free to use them wherever • They will need refuelling like your car
• Easy to start • Uses an anti-vibration system for added user comfort • Uses OxyPower engine technology for better fuel consumption, few emissions and more power • Has chrome plated teeth which creates less friction and higher speed cutting
• Uses tool-free tensioning • Features automatic chain lubrication • Has a three point anti-vibration handle for comfort during prolonged use • Includes a two year Ryobi warranty • It’s relatively lightweight for a petrol model
• This new for 2013/13 chainsaw replaces the top-selling MAC 842 chainsaw, also known as the Partner 842 or the McCulloch 842 chainsaw • This new model features Soft Start tech - this means 40% reduced cord resistance • Supplied fully assembled • Uses OxyPower engine technology for better fuel consumption, few emissions and more power • Uses an effortless pull start system • Has a very powerful 42cc engine
• Made by the world renowned brand, Husqvarna • Supplied fully assembled and tested • Powered by an easy start, high torque motor • Uses a "Smart Start" system which reduces start cord resistance • The X-Torq engine delivers better fuel consumption and reduced exhaust emission levels in line with the world’s most stringent environmental regulations
View our full range of petrol chainsaws.