What to do in the garden when it’s raining?
If the weather forecast looks poor but you’re still itching to be productive in the garden department then read on.
We’ve put together a few ideas of what you could do when it’s pouring cats and dogs outside but you still want to get something beneficial done in/for the garden.
1) If you’ve got a garage then consider servicing your lawn mower or other petrol garden machinery. Keep the doors open so the air can circulate and follow the product instructions and safety guidelines
2) Clean and tidy your garden shed, garage and/or greenhouse. It is not fun we know, but who knows what you might come across and you’ll feel very pleased with yourself afterwards
3) Sort out any old (or new) pots. Give any keepers a clean ready for planting when the weather’s better and bin or recycle any unusable ones
4) If you’ve got a greenhouse you could do some potting. Depending on the time of year you could make the most of the poor weather by tending to those baby plants
5) If you have any garden furniture, dry it off and give it a clean. If it needs a treatment then now’s a good time to apply it. If you do this inside open the windows or a door to let any fumes out.
6) If none of the above ideas take your fancy (tidying and cleaning can be a drag) then why not settle yourself down with some gardening reading and a cup of tea!