Five Ways to a Green Lawn (and Green-Eyed Neighbours)
If your lawn is looking a bit lacklustre then breathe some life back into it with these simple tips for a greener lawn!
1) If you’re in the position to do so, choose the right type of lawn to grow/buy. Compact and hardwearing grasses are easiest to maintain
2) Sow grass seeds to create fuller, lusher looking lawns - even if you haven’t got any bare patches
3) Feed your grass – this helps keep it strong and encourages good growth. Many garden stores have low cost feeds on offer. Read reviews online to make sure you buy the best one
4) Use a recycling lawn mower – these mowers reduce grass clippings before discharging them back on to the lawn, this puts nutrients back into the grass. Don’t mow on a windy day though or your clippings will end up being blown everywhere
5) Aerating or scarifying your lawn (poking holes in it) can help moisture and air reach grass roots more easily. If you don’t have or want to invest in a lawn scarifier, then you can spike your lawn with your golf shoes on!
For further lawn care articles why not view:
Annual Lawn Care Calendar from GardenLines
Lawn Scarifying Guide
Winter Lawn Care Tips
Spring Lawn Care Tips
View our full range of lawn mowers, lawn mower accessories and lawn mower blades.